Work / Family Challenge
- Attention vs Money: Parenting column by Harald Breiding-Buss
- Truckie Dad: A truck driver’s story, by Mark Grimes.
- No More Fun and Games? Christchurch ‘Breeze’ host Grant McGrath talks to Harald Breiding-Buss and Mark Grimes about work and family.
- Balancing Act: Brendon Smith on work/family balance.
- A Day in the Life of a Dad: A househubby reports. By Dave Crampton
- Men at Work: Work/Family issues for new dads. By Warwick Pudney
- The Patriarchs And The Softies: A look at how the work/family challenge presented itself to fathers in the olden days.
- Equal Parenting Opportunities: The link between work opportunities for women and obstacles for fathers.
- Housedad To Stepdad: Fatherhood from all aspects.
- Role Reversed Parents: New Zealand author Wendy Jones has compiled a collection of stories.
Community & Fathers
- Fathers Connect Children – Brendon Smith writes about how fathers make communities tick.
- A Vision for Boys: School principal Mark Richardson gives his view on what’s needed for boys.
- Dating Dads: Finding a new squeeze is easier said than done for solo dads, writes Johnathan Young.
- Immigrant Dads: Brendon Smith investigated how some immigrant fathers fared.
- Male Preschool Teachers: They’re exceptionally rare in NZ. Harald Breiding-Buss attended a forum about the issue.
- Discrimination in the Air: Peter Walker takes issue with not being allowed to sit next to children on aeroplanes.
- Family tree: The importance of genealogy.
- From here to paternity: Non traditional ways of being conceived and born.
- Bigger and better: The joys of larger families.
Separation: Impact on Fathers and Kids
- Children and Separation: A Help Sheet
- Some Dads Can’t Win: Being a non-custodial dad isn’t easy – the ex gets in the way..
- Destination unknown: A separated father treasures his kids, and their imagination!
- The best of times ?: Christmas time can be stressful, especially for separated Dads.
- Fathers after divorce: A book review.
- When things turn sour: A look at the Domestic Violence Act.
- Shared parenting: The reality of sharing the duties.
- The bond of blood: When parents re-marry, is blood thicker than water?
- Book review: The Big Picture: A review of Douglas Kennedy’s “The Big Picture” (fiction).
- Fatherless America: Do Fatherhood programmes in America go beyond a Dads wallet?
- Caring fathers: A Christchurch support group focuses on non-custodial Dads.
- Both ends of the spectrum: Reflections on being a child of divorce and a separated father.
- Separation: Please remain calm (do’s and don’ts).
- Book Review: Men After Separation: By Ian McDonald
Family Court: One Big Barrier to Involved Fatherhood
- Legally Absent: Is the Family Court biased against men – or just doing its job?
- Protection order and parental alienation: An opinion piece about the workings of the Family Court.
- Domestic Violence Act: Another opinion piece about family court proceedings.
- Street Protests: What makes those guys angry, and is this the way to go about it?
- Equal before the law?: A closer look at the Human Rights Act 1993 and how it affects fathers.
- Shared Parenting Bill: An opinion piece.
- Vote for Dads: What do political parties think about fathers issues?
- Dave and Goliath: Having to deal with the I.R.D. and overzealous child support collectors.
- Parental leave: Legislation that could leave fathers out in the cold.
- The Daddy Vote: Questions for the leaders (for the 2005 election)
- Protection Order: A very powerful tool of control in the hands of an abusive spouse.
- Supervised Access: A Dunedin single Dad works to make access a more meaningful experience for fathers. Also views on the Domestic Violence Act.
- Biological fathers: The latest chapter in the “sperm donorship” debate.
- Parental equality: Does equal employment opportunities for women equate to equal parenting opportunities for men?
International: Fatherhood Elsewhere
- Fatherless America: For thousands of American non-custodial dads the choice is prison or sweatshop.
- Dads Along the Nile: For the guys in egypt it’s all about love and compassion.
- Fathers And Change in Japan: There’s more to life than work: Japanese men, too, are on the road to putting family life first.
Prison: Life Behind Bars
- Breaking the Chains: When dads’s in prison what becomes of the kids?
- Voices From Behind Bars: Two fathers tell how they are trying to be parents from the high security wing of a NZ prison.
- Retreating fathers: On location at the Otago Father & Child Trust weekend retreat.
- Fathers of this world: The International Fatherhood Conference was held in Oxford, England in 2003. Our very own co-ordinator was there.
- Involve ’04: A report from the Adolescent Health and Development conference.
- Listen and hear: Communication with your partner might be a well worn cliche, but it is still important.
- Between the sheets: Just how do you maintain a good sex life after kids?
- My Valentine: What did you do on February the 14th?
- Constructive conflict: The art of healthy arguing.
- A Woman’s Work? Christchurch woman Wendy Jones has written a book about role-reversal.
- Absolutely mental: Postnatal depression, mental health and suicide in men.
- Male suicide: It’s still a problem for young men in New Zealand. An editorial
- Precious memories: A very personal account of living with mental illness.
- Sick of being sick: A look at one of the more tedious aspects of parenting.
- The Day Everything Changed: Living with epilepsy.
- P.N.D.: The impact of post natal depression on the whole family.
- Under the knife: Are men getting all the facts before opting for a vasectomy?
- Staunch as: Why do guys bottle up their feelings about their kids?
- Daddy’s in a coma: A remarkable story of survival.
- Meningitis: Examining the facts.
- Shiney happy people: The power of self esteem.
- Suicide: The government approach, and is it the right one?