Father and Child has ceased operating as of March 1st 2019 and wound up its services.
Kidzneeddadz NZ has taken over most of this work. For phone or local support try them on 0800 563 123…
In Auckland –
• Support Staff will be limited to Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 10am-2pm
• Auckland will continue the DadzKare Group on Wednesdays 7-9pm in Onehunga,
In Christchurch you can still call (03) 9822440 Cliff Sheperd works Mon – Weds 10am-2pm
For now, to maintain support referral links/information, this website is remaining live.
Father and Child Trust
Happier Fathers and Whanau in Aotearoa
Upset? Confused? Obstructed in your role as a dad?
…or after more information about being a father?
- Getting ready for baby…
- Tricky times with a newborn?
- Mum or dad not happy, baby OK?
- Loss, grief or life changes…?
- Family situation strategies..
- Guardianship and shared care…?
- Parenting Agreements or Mediation
- Discovering Fatherhood Correspondence
- Anger Management Correspondence Course
- How dads can help during pregnancy
- Why it’s vital to bond with your baby
- How touch and play are developmental
- When to co-parent and work as a team
- Find other dads or advocates can help
- Know you are not alone – meet other solo dads
- Why it’s important to stay an involved dad
- Make Family agreements without the courts
Being an involved Dad can be amazing!
We help families to be happier…
Typical Outcomes for our clients…
- Better informed expecting Dads
- Involved-from-day-one new Dads
- Dads support breast feeding and bonding
- Couples who survive post-natal issues together
- Understand the benefits of safe and rough play
- Parents and families cooperating – co-parenting
- Good discipline, removal of anger from parenting
- At Home dads less alone and focused on family
- Teen Dads actually take up their parenting role
- Solo Dads confident in charge of their children
- CYFs/OT, courts include Dads + whanau in child plans
- Dads are empowered: to work with their families
- Advocacy in Mediation, WINZ/IRD, MVCOT, FGC legal
- Fathers are supported through separation,
- Men helped thru depression, grief, loss, delays
- Parenting difficulties are resolved
- Upset, anxiety or frustration abated
- Blended Family Situations assisted
- Special needs children’s Dads helped
- Peer support as Dads help each other
- Family relationships agreements established
- Discovering Fatherhood courses completed
- Anger Management Courses are completed
- Fathers Mauri Ora Circle attended