Father and Child Trust Aotearoa
Happier Dads and Families
Upset? Confused? Obstructed in your role as a father?
…or want more information about being a dad?
- Getting ready for baby…
- Tricky times with a newborn?
- Mum or dad not happy, baby OK?
- Loss, grief or life changes…?
- Family relationship strategy
- Guardianship or shared care?
- Agreements and mediation
- Discovering Fatherhood
- Anger Management Course
Discover your Fatherhood.…
- How dads can help during pregnancy
- Why it’s vital to bond with your baby
- Why touch and play are important
- How to co parent and work as a team
- How other dads or advocates can help
- You are not alone – meet other solo dads
- Why it’s great to stay an involved dad
- Family agreements without the courts
Being an involved Dad can be amazing!
We help make more families happy together.
Typical Outcomes for our clients…
- Better informed expecting Dads
- Involved-from-day-one new Dads
- Dads support breast feeding and bonding
- Couples who survive post-natal issues together
- Understand the benefits of safe and rough play
- Parents and families cooperating – co-parenting
- Good discipline, removal of anger from parenting
- At Home dads less alone and focused on family
- Teen Dads actually take up their parenting role
- Solo Dads confident in charge of their children
- CYFs/OT, courts include Dads + whanau in child plans
- Dads are empowered: to work with their families
- Advocacy in Mediation, WINZ/IRD, MVCOT, FGC legal
- Fathers are supported through separation,
- Men helped thru depression, grief, loss, delays
- Parenting difficulties are resolved
- Upset, anxiety or frustration abated
- Blended Family Situations assisted
- Special needs children’s Dads helped
- Peer support as Dads help each other
- Family relationships agreements established
- Discovering Fatherhood courses completed
- Anger Management Courses are completed
- Fathers Mauri Ora Circle attended